Have your next event with us!
The carriage house, behind the Howard mansion, dates to the 1880s and was originally a one-story structure. The family stayed in it, for a time, during the construction of the mansion. The carriage house burned in 1905. At this time, it was decided to re-locate it further back – probably due to the odors of the horses. The “new” carriage house incorporates portions of the original. The second story was added when the structure was rebuilt.
We are planning on opening the facility in Late Spring of 2018
The Carriage House will be used for museum functions, as well as serving as a rental facility to the public for business meetings, luncheons, weddings, wedding receptions and other events. Construction on the project began with a ground breaking on the 28th of November 2016. Construction will be complete by late spring of 2018. We are now taking bookings for this spectacular new event center.
Recent News Clips about the Progress on the Carriage House Project
January 2018 Southern Indiana Explorer Volume 8 Issue 1