The Mission of the Howard Steamboat Museum
The Clark County Historical Society/Howard Steamboat Museum, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the history of the famous three-generation steamboat building Howard Family, their legacy and the lore of the Great steamboat Era.
The HOWARD STEAMBOAT MUSEUM is open: Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The Howard Steamboat Museum does not provide appraisals of the monetary value of materials proposed for donation or for any other reason because the Internal Revenue Service regards museums and libraries as interested parties. Monetary appraisals prepared for donors by such institutions are subject to question or disqualification. To find a licensed appraiser in your area, contact one of the following national organizations for a referral:
American Society of Appraisers
International Society of Appraisers
Appraisers Association of America
- Admission fees for a guided tour without the requirement of membership are:
- $7.00 - Adults
- $6.00 - Seniors
- $5.00 - Students age 6 through college
- Free - Children under 6 with an adult.
- $6.00 - Military, AAA, AARP
- Group Rates (for 10 or more persons) available upon request Please make reservations at least one month in advance
Contact Us if you have any questions about what we do or if you are planning a visit.
Howard Steamboat Museum 1101 East Market Street Jeffersonville , IN , 47130
Phone: (812) 283-3728